The rules are simple:
- 70% of the film must be shot with a mobile device, (e.g. iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, GoPro, etc.) to be eligible to win. Film’s shorter than 3 minutes will be classified as a short film, film’s longer than 3 minutes will be deemed as a feature.
- There is no time requirements on cinematography, comedy, documentary, or commercials.
- No excessive nudity or excessive profanity will be allowed. Nudity of upper body can not exceed 4 seconds and no more than 4 profane words in a film
- You cannot use copy written material unless you have a written permission to do so.
- You can use multiple mobile devices for your film.
- You can use any software to edit video and audio.
- You can use any software for color correction or special effects.
- You can use external microphone, wide angle lens, lighting, tripod, etc
- You may not submit your film to any other mobile festival (unless permitted by IFF via e-mail), until 1 year after iPhone Film Festival announces the winners. Below is a list of approved festivals.
- Your film must not have participated in any other Festival (unless permitted by IFF via e-mail).
- Remember, this is a reflection of you, your work and most importantly our community.
Note: The submission deadline for the 2015 iPhone Film Festival IFF5 is March 1st 2015, all films submitted after March 1st 2015 will qualify for IFF6
Note: If you want to submit to a mobile film festival that is not in the list below contact us to get them added.